Global Cuba Solidarity Day is a time for the world to express its support to the Cuban people. As the people of Cuba continue to endure human rights abuses and restrictions on individual freedomsit is important for the international community to show that we are aware of these serious issues and support the Cuban people in their struggle for freedom.
On May 20, please join us as we raise our voices and show that we are concerned about the recent death of Juan Wilfredo Soto, fatally beaten by Cuban police, as well as the constant harassment of bloggers and independent journalists, the hunger strikes of independent journalist Guillermo Fariñas, the repression against the Ladies in White and the frequent violations of basic human rights at the hands of the Cuban regime.
There are a number of ways you can show your support for the Cuban people:
1. Follow the Global Cuba Solidarity Movement on Twitter (@solidaridadcuba).
2. Join the discussion and “Like” our Facebook page (Movimiento Mundial de Solidaridad con Cuba) at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Movimiento-Mundial-de-Solidaridad-con-Cuba/12814187849?ref=mf.
3. Visit http://www.solidaridadcuba.org/media/mensajes/ and leave your messages of support. Remember to say what country you are from.
4. Plan an event (film screening, discussion meeting, vigil) and add details on the event map www.solidaridadcuba.org/en/events . If you cannot add details yourself, please email relevant information to email@example.com so they may be included.
5. Text to +1 (520) 477-CUBA or call to leave your message of solidarity.
6. Share pictures, testimonials or other information relating to Global Cuba Solidarity Day activities by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!